- Upload my e-mail address book (or LinkedIn connections list)
- Assign those individuals a priority
- Create a list of tag priorities
- Received e-mail is categorized by tag(priority) + sender(priority)
- Compose an e-mail and tag it
- When the user receives the e-mail, it is prioritized by tag(priority) + sender(priority)
- If I'm a high priority person, and the tags I used are high priority, then I'll be at the top
How does this affect me personally? I'm the one who wants to try and get in touch with people and network myself outward. It's kind of hard to do that when you're under a thousand other messages. So far, I have a pretty good network; it's still hard to get in touch with some of the people, but not impossible. I look forward to expanding my network over the coming months, and hopefully longer. I have family near Silicon Valley, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that I could make an appearance.